About travel place Bruges in Belgium
Bruges is the capital and largest city of the West Flanders province in the Flemish region of Belgium, in the northwest of the country. What could be more appealing and interesting than a place like the history of fairy tales? The medieval hues of Bruges’ cobbled streets lead to countless historical, architectural, and artistic wonders. Admire the decorated houses with intricate sides on both sides and understand why this is a favorite place for all types of travelers. The whole city exudes an appreciation for the past, love for the present, and enthusiasm for the future. Don’t miss Hof Bladelin, the Groeninge Museum, the Church of Our Lady and the bell tower, and the covered market.
9 Top-Rated Tourist Attraction in Bruges
The World’s most beautiful city Bruges in Belgium. To start with, we want to show you why you should visit the romantic city Bruges that is also a UNESCO World Heritage City. There is so much to experience sightseeing, shopping, culture, food, and adventure.
A nice way to see something of Bruges is by taking a boat on the ‘in Brugse reign’. It will cost you 8 euros for a trip of half an hour and it shows beautiful spots in the city.
The best way to visit the city is on foot (because it is not that big) and all the sights are close to each other
1. The best Taste chocolate in the world/Belgium
You can’t come to Bruges in Belgium and not eat chocolate. So, go to ‘Katelijnestraat’ and taste those mouth-watering chocolates. It will be impossible not to buy some. We loved the shop ‘Home Sweet Home’ and they have so many choices and they taste absolutely delicious.
- Where? Home Sweet Home, Katelijnestraat 34, Brugge
- Open? Every day from 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
2. Explore the Sint-Jan Hospital museum/Bruges
- During the 13th & 14th-century, nurses have cared for pilgrims and other sick people here. Right now it is a museum with impressive arts, medical instruments, and paintings from Hans Memling, who was a patient in this hospital.
- Where? Mariastraat 38, Bruges
- Open? Tuesday till Sunday from 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Price? 8 euros p.p.
3. Discover the ‘Onthaalkerk Onze-Lieve-Vrouw’/bruges
- You will not miss the 115-meter-high brick-stone tower of the ‘Church of Our Lady’. The church has an astonishing collection of art, including Michelangelo’s world-famous Madonna and Child.
- Where? Mariastraat, Bruges
- Open? Monday till Saturday from 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM & Sunday and holidays from 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM
- Price? 6 euros p.p.
4. Soak up the sun at the ‘Markt’ & ‘Belfort’/bruges in Belgium
- The Market and the Belfort are the popular tourist attraction of Bruges. In the middle of the market, you can find the statues of Jan Breydel and Pieter De Coninck, who were the heroes during the resistance against the French in the battle of the Golden Spurs. There are a lot of nice restaurants and bars in the square. Sit down, relax, enjoy the sun, taste some delicious food, and drink a nice coffee, while enjoying the beauty of the historical facades and buildings. If you want a beautiful view over the city, you can conquer the 366 steps of the tower of the Belfort (83 meters)
- Where? Markt 7, Bruges
- Open? Every day from 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Price? 8 euros
5. Look at the former Wall Street of Bruges at ‘Huis ter Beurze’
Huis ter Beurze in Belgium
- This building was built in 1453 as an exchange office for the famous family ‘van der Buerse’. Our Flemish term ‘bears’ which means stock exchange in English was originated here.
- Where? Vlamingenstraat 35, Bruges
6. Go international at Jan Van Eyckplein/Bruges
- Between the 11th and 13th century Bruges has grown from an international commercial town to a global world player. At Jan Van Eyck Square, ships used to anchor here and a toll was collected.
7. Stroll along the water of the Brugse Reien/Bruges
- There is a reason why they call Bruges the Venice of the North. This is because of the small canals flowing through the city. For a romantic walk with the guy/girl of your dreams, this is the place to be.
8. Enjoy a nice ice cream/Bruges Belgium
- Between all the walking and exploring these beautiful places, you’ll need some ice cream to keep going. Close to the market, you will find an amazing gelateria with the best ice cream & waffles in the city!
- Where? Fred’s, Eiermarkt 20, Brugge
- Open? Monday till Saturday from 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
9. Be amazed by the beautiful architecture in Bruge
- Bruges is very historical and has so many beautiful buildings and facades, that it is just fun to walk around.
- more to see in Bruges, but we only had a couple of hours in the city, so we weren’t able to do everything there. Here are some other nice spots you would like to see, of course, there is so much
when going to Bruges in Belgium:
- Beguinage (Begijnhof) – more info
- Bruges Beer Museum (Bruges Biermuseum) – more info
- Choco-Story (Choate Museum) – more info
- Major Seminary (Grootseminarie) – more info
- Saint Jacob’s church (Sint-Jakobskerk) – more info
- Burg – more info
- Fish market – more info
- Minnewaterpark – more info
Hope you enjoyed reading about our fantastic day trip to Bruges. If you have any questions, please let us know, maybe we can help you! Contact Us
Please follow us on Instagram (@travelguideu) to join our adventures!
And many more stories will come… so stay tuned!
- Where? Vlamingenstraat 35, Bruges